Friday, February 13, 2015

Modern Family Season One

24 Episodes
[Forced] Comedy , Family, Drama

Three unique, related families and their lives.
Family and life lessons in a seemingly everyday conversational script.




Each episode is approximately 20 minutes in duration. A camera pans back and forth between an argument and I'm dizzy. Is this show truly a Modern Family?

Doesn't seem like it. The first half was able to stay relevant and has the most humor. It's not as knee-slapping as say, Jimmy Fallon or something funnier than Friends, but watching these different families has helped me realize that it's hard to be alone. For example, the eldest daughter of Phil and Claire Dunphy, at fifteen, Hayley still asks for permission for everything.

I'm a very independent person - silent at dinner, picking my lifestyle with daily workouts exceeding a forty-minute session, and blogging-rather, reviewing...
Hayley.. I can laugh at her now, but looking at myself, I wonder if I will be the one who'll be left without support in the future, as I don't even ask for anything from anybody.


My favorite episode was Episode Four. Hayley has a senior boyfriend, who sings and plays the guitar in a school rock band. Hear out his song -
It has cracked me up - "Maybe / Baby /..." and I'm choking seconds later.

Are the characters naïve? They've all made several mistakes , all with the similarity, fear. Fear of the consequences, his/her spouse, embarrassment, etc. Nobody has grown on me yet, so I'm hoping for more laughs and a grown-up Lily (the adopted Vietnamese baby).

For the last bit, why not know who's who?
   Dunphy family:: "the straight family"
  Phil (Mr. Dunphy), Claire/ Mrs. Dunphy, Hayley, Alex, Luke

  "The gay family" 
  Mitchell (the ginger, sorry..), Cameron, Lily

  Dunphy family: "The Multicultural Family" 
  Jay, Gloria, Manny 
  

Once again,
--FORCED COMEDY--


Grade: 7 . 3 / 10
Enjoyable, but lacks humour
Not to offend, but is the show promoting obese/overweight actors to show that they might start to workout? When I see young Manny and Cameron, I get very concerned. Or maybe that's just obesity getting the best of me. ┐('~`;)┌