Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Miracles ain't free . . . . . . . . .
Most high school grads and current students can answer this question (though experience speaks better for itself) :
What year(s) did you struggle with the most? 

English 1 -- I foresaw my first report card grade letter. Before the first summer novel quiz, I predicted a B would fall. Language Arts -- I take myself for an editor and maybe a little bit of a writer than a reader. When I read any book, I am most likely criticizing or adding my own revisions in ny head. A reader or a writer -- is there an unequal balance of self-entity, responsibility, and even difficulty? I would like to agree. 

In my city's little high school system, the classes teach the same curriculum (which changes every other year, I believe) , but spend the class time differently. For example, Mr. A and Ms. C . C spends most of the time with a slideshow of notes and asks her pupils to write down some things. Mr. A does so as well, but, inserts a halftime mini debate/discussion, etc. I have Mr. A. 

The first novel for the year is Ayn Rand's Anthem . Petite and somewhat inspiring, the book is of a dystopian genre. One of the class scenario was: 

In a primitive city, a man invents a stick that supplies 20 years of electricity. This would replace ancient "it" candles and are sold at $100. 
Should the man sell and produce or toss it? 

I'm not sitting around, but I prefer to speak when I simply cannot restrain myself or no one's volunteering (option B -- I don't do in English because my mind is blanker than an empty room). Anyway, I am called on rarely and today was one of those days. I answered that the man should dispose of it because it would lead to riots, strikes, and a state in worser condition. 
Mr. A wants to know why should the inventor pity his own people? He has become rich, so why? 



Aired: 2011
12 Episodes
Psychological Fantasy


Madoka Kaname and her friend, Sayoka, witness a fight between a Magical Girl and some Familiars. The three become friends and Sayoka and Madoka convince themselves to be as heroic. 



Cute? Sure. Panty power? Barely. What's so bad bout it?  Much. 

You ever get your mind astounded by the simplest everyday topics? 
Why are cows treated better than the slaves of the 19th century? I love learning such basic viewpoints. I, myself, don't consume livestock anymore, but the damn cat's right.

Simply put, Madoka Magica is a show that has grim plot twists that establishes a sense of hatred for the girls and the cat. What most don't realize is that this is why we live out from violence or superiority. The queens of Europe permit explorers to discover new lands. Americans fought against his own brothers in the Civil War. It's not controversial, but the truth.
I got the impression that the Magical Girls are a conspiracy. Something is the heart, the explosion that exposes magic molecules in the air. 
Magical Girls are more important to the series than the fact that the world is oblivious to the presence of these giant-ass rifle shooting girls. So, it's not your typical Sailor Moon and fairy fighter girls.
It's all disputes for fun. 

To be a Magical Girl, you need just one wish and you are in.
Finally, Time is a notable factor of a show! 


Unfortunately, these eighth grade girls.. 
The idea was disastrous from the start. Madoka and Sayoka freaked at their goddess' death, but naïvely become Magical Girls to avenge Mami. 
Oh my god, stop right there..

PWS:: (Preferred Watching Sequence)
Start from Episode 4

Dub-Approved ~

Grade:: 6.8



This year is all about A PLAN FOR A BIG GOAL. I am discovering my interests (science and psych) , facing the worst PMS symptoms to date , and am a poor time manager. I have goals for the year::

-Improve as an English student
-Commit myself to independent study
-Pass the Open Exam for Biology Olympiad (or get as close to the cut off grade of 5" because no freshman has passed the first test in our school history)
-Critic Reviews -- put more time into it
-Columns - specifically, health advice for a limited audience
-Advance as a musician (how do you squeeze in Violin practice??)
-Be more organized
-Help Yourself or Help Others?