Thursday, December 10, 2015

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


Take some time to sit outside and watch some good ol' cartoons...
because that's what I just did.


   "I'm proud to be an American.." who's absolutely confused with the various education systems in all 50 states, let alone the contiguous 48! Federalization sets FDA, USAA, and several other standards that the states carry out and obey, to an extent. I remember sitting down as a guest at my aunt's wedding a couple years ago and two Californian boys bragged (I swear to you) about how they had no homework. In Iowa, I went to a small handful of schools and I absolutely enjoyed all of my learning experiences, classmates, and my giddy-giddy teachers ("FATitude - latitude." Think Santa Claus). The yearly standardized tests did not have 'passing grades' (at least, that's what I recall), but rather sent back a letter regarding a "Score interpretation." From my final school year as an Iowan resident (fourth grade): 'She earned a Core Total grade equivalent of 8.2 on the Level 10 test. This means that her test performance was approximately the same as that of a typical student in the eight grade at the end of the second month... she scored higher than 99 percent of fourth grade students nationally.' 

    Speaking of tests, I have at least no reason to exempt any one of my final first semester exams. Today, I took my HOSA Medical Reading Online Exam and well.. it is the first of a maximum four, five tests, if one goes all the way to Nationals. It'd be an honor to make it to State, but I learned that if no local bookstores or libraries have a required nonfiction novel, go out and buy it somewhere. And that's how I missed out reading 2/5 of the books. I knew nothing about Alice Stewart's favorite game or the bacterium that causes gastritis. And below a 90, I'm falling. Try hard in your extracurriculars the first year. Seriously. 

26 Eps
Life, Comedy
 
From Lauren Faust, Twilight Sparkle and her friends!

Music, pranks, and parties, OHH MY GOSH!
This is not a "Let's just break the chocolate bar and share it with everyone." That's for lil' uns. Here's what makes MLPFiM appeal to pretty much everyone: 
Generations of family, legitimate real friends (where you actually have a good time with them), and the ponies jumping to conclusions, therefore putting on an unapologetic face. 



Smooth animation and colorful designs put children at bay and glued to the screen. Still moping over the death of The Hub Network . 

I love the relevant experiences that these friends face in their own lives and in the company of themselves. I'm not going to disagree with the need for the show 's emphasis on the importance of friendship since that point is seen every single time after the theme song ends. The season dwells in a positive environment and has not dealt with any fearful creatures or faced a halt to life in Ponyville.

Most of this season is gag jokes and passive, so form your own fan theories while you're watching. I don't have any 'mind-blowing'ideas yet, but I got lots of time to ponder and be pensive.  Did this season really reveal the youthful Cutie Mark Crusaders' cutie marks? I think that there is a pony, major or minor, who's altered her perspective or what the viewer sees. I really need more time to think about this! 

Finally, the colors are cute and all, but I discovered some occasional innuendos. Well, it's evocative, so to under ten year olds, it'd go over their heads. 
Maybe this wasn't a good example, but I felt that there was something that kicked up the attraction of the show.


However, these ponies grow on you, so
You're gonna want more of 'em

This kid couldn't find anything to exempt this semester.
So-rry.


SWEATPANTSScored Rating
Sequence7
Well-Casted8
Enjoyment7
Ability to be Binged6
Theme Song/ Animation is Present10
Personalities Differ Among Characters8
Alternating Viewpoints/ Camera Work9
Nice! There's Character Development6
Title 9
Suspense/ Surprise6
Total7.5